If you run into a problem or have a question about MedActionPlan or MyMedSchedule, please read the information below. If you can't find the answer here, please contact us by email.
MedActionPlan Support can also be reached at (800) 543-2230 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday.
Onsite training is available for MedActionPlan. Please call the number above for information about pricing and scheduling.
To get the best possible results when printing MedActionPlan schedules and charts, be sure to set your page margins to ½" or less and turn off Headers and Footers. See below for instructions:
- In Internet Explorer 6, select Page Setup in the File menu. In Internet Explorer 7, Page Setup is found below the Printer icon.
- In the Margins section, enter 0.5 (or less) in each field (Left, Right, Top, Bottom).
- Delete any text that may appear in the Header and Footer fields.
- To restore your default header and footers after using MedActionPlan, enter “&w&bPage &p of &P” for the header and “&u&b&d” for the footer.
- In the Print dialog, click the Paper Size drop-down, and select Manage Custom Sizes.
- Click the plus (+) button to create a new custom size, and name it appropriately.
- Set the page size to 8½ x 11, and enter 0.5 (or less) for Top, Bottom, Left, and Right.
- Click OK, then make sure your new custom size is selected.
- Make sure Print Headers and Footers is not checked.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Monitor resolution: minimum of 800 x 600 (1024 x 768 or larger recommended)
- If you use Internet Explorer and are having trouble saving your schedule, click here for detailed instructions.
Some features of MedActionPlan may not function properly in all browsers. You are likely to get the best results from the following browsers:
- Internet Explorer 6 and above
- Firefox 3.0 and above
For Mac OS X:
- Safari 3.0 and above
- Firefox 3.0 and above
Yes, you can bookmark the site, but if you are having trouble you might need to refresh the bookmark. Delete the previous bookmark, and start over again with a more recent bookmark.
Simply click on the link below the sign-in and your information will be sent to your registered email address.
This can sometimes happen if you are using a previous bookmark or favorite. Come completely out of the program, close your browser and do not use your bookmark (favorite). Instead use the url www.medactionplan.com and come in again. Delete your previous bookmark (favorite) and you can add this newer one.
On the Patient List, you have the option to check a box under the Inactive column next to the name of a patient you wish to archive. Archiving a patient does not remove the patient from the database; click Inactive Patients to see a list of all archived patients. By unchecking the box for the patient you can move that patient back to the group of Active patients. Nothing is ever deleted—it is just archived.
If you need to create a regimen that includes a drug that isn't found in the Search or Default Regimens tools, you can add it with the Add a Medication tool.
Use the language drop down menu in the top right of the screen to switch between English and Spanish on each chart. If the regimen consists of drugs chosen from the built-in regimens and medications, they will be translated automatically, including the instructions. You will need to supply the translation for any customized instructions or drugs created with the Add a Medication form.
There is no need to delete your previously saved files. All patients and regimens will be archived. For a patient—simply click the “inactive” box on the same line as the patient name. If he returns, you can reactivate him and no data is lost. There is no way to delete regimens—all of the regimens can be viewed in step 4, and anything greater than six months old will be in the “display archived medications ” list.
Any regimen that is more than 6 months old, is in “archived regimens.” To access these, simply click on the patient in step 1, and proceed to step 4 for MedActionPlan. At the drop-down of saved schedules, go to the bottom of the list and click on “Display Archived MedActionPlans”. Go back to the drop down and you will see all the regimens you have saved for this patient since the very first one. Click on the regimen you need based on the time and date stamp. To return to more recent regimens, click on “Display Current MedActionPlans”.
If you do not receive the Refill Reminders or the take your med reminder via text or email that you requested from MyMedSchedule, the reminders may have been blocked, either by your Internet Service Provider (ISP) or by your cell phone or email application.
- Contact your ISP and request that "firstname.lastname@example.org", "email@example.com", and "firstname.lastname@example.org" be added to the “whitelist” of email addresses that you wish to receive email from.
- Check your email application's “spam” filter. If possible, add mymedschedule.com to the "safe senders" list.
- Check with your cell phone provider to make sure that you can receive text messages as part of your plan.
If you need to create a med schedule that includes a drug or supplement that isn't found in the Medication List, you can add it with the Add a Medication tool.
- On step 1, Click the link labeled Can’t find a medication? Click Here.
- Complete as many fields as you need in the Add a Medication form, then click Add to Selected Medications.
There is no need to delete your previously saved files. They will appear further down on your drop-down list, so you won’t have to see them as you continue to revise your regimens. The “no delete” feature is really a good thing, as some people might accidentally delete what they want to keep. This way there is always a history for you to refer to. (for example—“when did I stop taking xyz medicine”—it is easy to look that up in the drop-down of schedules.
About Popup Blockers
Important! You may need to disable your browser's popup blocker when using MedActionPlan and MyMedSchedule!
If you use Internet Explorer, you may change the settings to allow popups on this site while continuing to block popups on other websites. Click here for detailed instructions.
If you are using a browser other than Internet Explorer, or if you are using a third party popup blocker, please review the documentation that came with the software for instructions.